BrettYoung Seed Coating
- Our state-of-the-art coating plant offers a wide range of coating options, including inoculants, fungicides and other growth-promoting additives, to meet your needs. We use a computer-automated batch coating system that delivers gentle seed handling and precision placement to deliver coated seed of the highest quality.
Species That We Routinely Coat
|Forage Species||Turf Species|
|Clover||Creeping Red Fescue|
|Other Legumes||Perennial Ryegrass|
Securus is a proprietary seed coating that improves the appearance, handling and agronomics of seed products. Securus seed coatings deliver uniform coverage and market-leading durability.
The Securus carrier is talc which is a naturally occurring mineral that is highly stable, chemically inert and odorless. Talc has a plate-like cellular structure that more effectively adheres to seed. Better adhesion means improved flowability and less dust-off. Securus is bacteria friendly and pH neutral, supporting high rhizobia levels and ensuring optimum on-seed survival. Securus may include the precise layering of inoculant, fungicide and other growth promoting additives.
Coated Kentucky Bluegrass
Benefits of Securus
- Helps with flowability and accurate seed placement
- Consistent seed appearance and improved visibility in the soil
- Seed environment conducive to improved germination and seedling survival
- Option to include inoculant, fungicide and other growth promoting additives to aid in nitrogen fixation, seedling health and plant growth